Friday, June 19, 2009

Addiction starter

Yay! Just had my first Korean fashion magazine purchase! Took me more than a year to do so. Given the fact that they're purely in Korean (no matter how foreign the covers are at first glance), Costly with a big C, they are HEAVY! Blame it on impulse buying coming from a petty fight with the beau and running into a bookstore in my little town that has one decent bookstore with only a shelf, yes, a SHELF of foreign fiction novels.

So, here it is...Elle Korea June 2009. Could have been a great deal if only I could read it! It has Milla Jovovich on the cover. The issue comes with a special supplement and a neat little carrying case. Elle Korea is known for its freebies among the other Korean glossies. Impractical but its still worth feasting my eyes on celebrity fashions, with the pages' sweet perfume smell and drooling over the luxuries I could never afford! My very own cheap thrill, now in a different language!

I've always been a huge fashion/women's magazine reader ever since I could remember. My mother used to buy MOD, Woman's, Women's Journal and all other magazines in newsprint, back in the day (along with my Funny Comics, Bata Batuta or Ayos! comics!) I was already following Jessica Zafra's column, Womanagerie in Woman Today as early as 10 years old.

I just hope this little addiction wouldn't blow up as it had been. I had boxes and boxes back in Manila that I just trashed before coming here. Unlike with books that one can easily sell or give away, these are simply worth nothing! A mere extension of the insanely deceiving high-fashion and cosmetic industries. Again, impractical and feeding on my humble superficiality.

No comments: